Michigan Roads are the worst in the US!
It’s not news to anyone driving in Michigan these days that our roads are a mess. It’s been documented that Michigan roads are the worst in the country. Potholes and uneven pavement are taking a heavy toll on vehicles, particularly in the late winter and spring months. Potholes are created when snow and ice melt and then refreeze as temperatures rise and fall. This water runs down into small cracks in asphalt or concrete pavement, then repeatedly freezes and thaws, expanding cracks and loose sections in the pavement. As vehicles drive over these gaps, the pavement further breaks up, and voila! You have created a pothole. They get bigger and bigger over time.
These potholes have become impossible to avoid. The most obvious impact (no pun intended) of hitting a pothole can be a flat tire or broken wheel. These will normally immobilize the vehicle and require a tire or wheel change. Convenience Auto Service is always glad to help with tire and wheel issues.
Suspension Service Detail
Even if you are lucky enough to avoid bent wheels or flat tires, the impact of poor roads although subtle can impact your vehicle in other less obvious ways:
- Wheel alignment, causing premature tire wear
- Damage or premature wear out of shocks and struts
- Bent or broken suspension components (Ball Joints, Tie Rods, etc)
Even careful drivers will experience these issues more frequently due to our bad roads. What can you do to fight back? Here are a couple of recommendations:
- Make sure you receive a “road hazard” warranty when purchasing new tires.
- Ask for a suspension inspection at your next premium oil service (at Convenience Auto, this is normally a part of a premium oil service)
- Have your tires inspected and rotated at least every 10,000 miles.
- Have any recommended suspension repairs done quickly. This keeps you safe, prevents additional wear-out mechanisms, and helps tires last longer.
At Convenience Auto Service, we want to keep you and your vehicle safe and secure. We offer professional Suspension Repair and Service in Ann Arbor, MI, and the surrounding areas. Call us today to schedule an appointment for service.
Thank you for your trust in Convenience Auto Service! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Why Choose Us for Auto Repair in Ann Arbor
Convenience. Peace of mind.
Proud to be locally owned in Ann Arbor for nearly 20 years.
Honest, knowledgeable staff. ASE certified technicians.
Our 3 year, 36000 mile warranty offers you the best value in town!
Unsurpassed reputation in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and Washtenaw County. Check out our ratings on Google!
Skilled ASE certified technicians. that care about you and your car.